Monday, July 26, 2010

Last Vacation of the Summer:(

We just recently got back from our last vacation of the summer! It was a vacation that I was hoping for relaxation, and that's what we did! Every day we were in Okoboji, we took a two our nap!! Yeah, I know it's bad! We sat poolside everyday, went for a boat cruise usually around dusk, and enjoyed our time with one another and Chad's family. (Oh, and we did some shopping too!)

Here are some pictures from Okoboji

This is looking out from the dock. We stayed at The Inn in Okoboji. It was VERY nice. It was totally out of date with the decor BUT that place was SOOO super clean. Every morning around seven they had about fifteen workers going through the grass picking up every single piece of trash! It was very clean! We said we would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Here is a picture of Chad trying to catch some fish off the end of the dock. It was funny because all the guys wanted to catch fish. Well Chase needed to run up to the room to get something and he asked me to hold his pole! This poor kid hadn't caught a fish all week. What happens? I catch a fish on HIS pole!!!

Yes, this is what you think it is... a $200,000.00 BOAT! YEAH IT WAS CRAZY!

Okay last picture of vacation (sorry if it's boring). These are catfish. They weighed between 20- 25 pounds! YES I said 20- 25 Pounds! They are HUGE. We actually saw a young guy catch one. He worked for over fifteen minutes to get this big one in... he was freakin' pumped when he got it on shore! I clapped for him (Chad gracefully stopped my hands and said that I was embarrassing! I didn't care... that man deserved to know I was proud of him) HAHA

Well, it's official.... school starts in less then a month! I CAN NOT believe it! I probably am one of the only people that say this towards the end of the summer, "School is starting! I am EXCITED!" I probably am saying this because it is my first year. I am sure that in a few years I might being saying this instead, "NO, NO, Not school!!!!" or "The summer goes to fast!" SOOO, I am soaking up this year and I am going to enjoy every little part of it! I went the other day to my classroom to work... talk about overwhelming! I am can't wait to get back in there and put my own touches on everything. I have some special helpers that are going to help me get my room ready in the next couple weeks! Of course my husband is going to help, my mother, and my friend (Connie) who I student-taught under! I about cried when she called and asked if she could come over and help me get my room ready:) If you know her, you know how nice of a lady she is!!

Well, I don't really know to much else................ Oh, wait! I am forgetting one VERY important thing! Chad and I are going to have a baby:):) Baby Sudol is Due Feb. 26th. Chad and I keep thinking that this should only be a three month process! We are ready to Mommy and Daddy already! We had been trying for over a year, so we couldn't believe it when we found out! I swear that is all we talk about anymore. This is what our household conversations sound like, "What if it's a boy/girl" "Will we find out what the baby is? (NO by the way)" "What color should we paint the room when it gets closer" and many others! BUT we can't wait to meet our little Baby Sudol!

Our poor Pugsly though. That dog is going to have a life change! She currently sleeps in our bed... not going to happen in seven months! She gets ALL of our attention now.... not going to happen in seven months! She is completely spoiled... probably will still happen!! I seriously think that she knows something is going on because she wont climb on me anymore. She usually sits on me to watch tv or climbs on me to get attention... she has not once done this! They say dogs have a sense about those types of things! Weird... but we will still love her once the baby comes, it will just be harder for her!

Okay, now that I have written a small chapter for my book! ha ha ha. I hope you enjoy your week! I will try and update more... just have many things on my mind! School, baby, pugs, family, and everything else:)

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment